In the last 12 months of trading or so, AMC stock had experienced few things any other stock in the entire stock market has or ever will experience.
- Around 20% or more of the entire share float shorted at any given time
- Massive daily trading volume
- Huge amounts of Fails to deliver reported month after month
- More reported “Glitches” of any other stock in the stock market
The AMC Apes have reported on various “Glitches” in regard to AMC’s share price as well as other things such as short interest data and fails to deliver. It’s been documented a number of times throughout the last few years that the AMC price will sporadically change or show a much higher price than normal. Apes believe that these “glitches” are quite possibly the true share price of the AMC stock, and the retail investors suspect that hedge funds and large financial institutions may be using illegal trading tactics to manipulate the stock price but only time will tell what is truly going on here.
AMC GLITCHES 2021- 2022
The AMC stock shareholders better knowns as the “Apes” have been closely monitoring AMC’s share price along with other metrics ever since the initial short squeeze frenzy the stock experienced last year. A simple search of “AMC glitches” on reddit or twitter will prove all you need to know about the AMC stock price glitches through screen shots and screen recordings uploaded by Apes themselves. We’ve listed below some of the most common AMC glitches that have been discussed by retail investors over the last year and have included two of the most recent documented AMC glitch findings by Apes from April and May of 2022. However, there are plenty more than these listed below, these just scratch the surface of what’s out there. (Credit AMC STOCK REDDIT)
- April 15: A glitch on the NYSE website shows AMC’s after-hours trading running to $95. Trading price at the time was around $9.
- April 30: A glitch on Google stocks shows AMC’s price at $61. Trading price at the time was around $8.
- May 4: A glitch on the Robinhood app shows AMC’s price at $411. Trading price at the time was around $10.
- June 10: A glitch on multiple platforms shows AMC’s price as having lost over $200+ (implying the price was approx. $280). Trading price at the time was around $59.
- July 13: A glitch on Fintel shows an institution having bought 4 shares of AMC at $5,000 per share. That same institution also showed as having later sold those 4 AMC shares for a total of $41,000 (implying the price was approx. $10,250 per share). Trading price at the time was around $39.
- July 19: A glitch on multiple platforms shows AMC’s price as having lost $315+ (implying the price was approx. $350). Trading price at the time was around $35.
- August 2: A glitch on Fintel shows an institution closing 7 shares of AMC for a total of $69,000 (edit: nice), implying the price was approx. $9,857 per share. Trading price at the time was around $35.
- August 4: A glitch on Trading 212 shows users being offered 2x the price of AMC per share, but only if they liquidated their entire position.
- August 16: A glitch on Yahoo shows AMC’s price at $11,431. Trading price at the time was around $35.
- August 19: A glitch on Bloomberg shows a Brazilian AMC listing’s float at 3 billion shares (edit: adding this post here, which has a different opinion on this float situation)
- August 20: A glitch on PYTH shows AMC’s price spiking to $135 at a monthly average, with a high of $768.
- August 27: A glitch on Yahoo shows AMC’s daily volume in the billions.
- September 2: A glitch on Stocktwits shows AMC’s price at $584.32. Trading price at the time was around $44.
- September 19: A glitch on PYTH shows AMC’s price spiking to $722 on two separate occasions in after-hours trading. Trading price at the time was approx. $40.
- October 1: A glitch on Robinhood shows AMC’s price at $430. Trading price at the time was approx. $39.
- October 14: A glitch on E*Trade (I am not entirely sure what app this is!! Please tell me if you know!) shows AMC wicking up to $74. Trading price at the time was approx. $40.
- November 18: A glitch on Robinhood reported by an AMCStock user shows a partial AMC share of .000063 being sold for $158.00.
- December 29: A glitch on multiple platforms shows AMC’s short interest jumping between 40% and 4,000%. This was reported from users of E*Trade, TD Ameritrade, RBC, and others, as well as appearing on Fintel.
AMC STOCK PRICE $41,982.93
Below is a screenshot which was posted on the AMC Stock reddit month back which show the share price for AMC stock over $41,000 per share.
This could be easily written off as a “Glitch” but with AMC stock there are reasons to believe something else could be going on here. This is because of the constant reporting from the investor base that these high share prices are popping up everywhere.
Is the real Price of AMC Stock something different than what we have been told? Or what is going on and why does this keep popping up around the brokers etc.?