In the last 12 months of trading, the AMC Apes have reported on various “Glitches” in regard to AMC’s share price as well as other things such as short interest data and fails to delivers. It’s been documented a number of times throughout the last few years that the AMC price will sporadically change or show a much higher price than normal. Apes believe that these “glitches” are quite possibly the true share price of the AMC stock and suspect that hedge funds and large financial institutions may be using illegal trading tactics to manipulate the stock price.
AMC GLITCHES 2021- 2022
The AMC stock shareholders better knowns as the “Apes” have been closely monitoring AMC’s share price along with other metrics ever since the initial short squeeze frenzy the stock experienced last year. A simply search of “AMC glitches” on reddit or twitter will prove all you need to know about the AMC stock price glitches through screen shots and screen recordings uploaded by Apes themselves. We’ve listed below some of the most common AMC glitches that have been discussed by retail investors over the last year, and have included two of the most recent documented AMC glitch findings by Apes from April and May of 2022. However there are plenty more than these listed below, these just scratch the surface of what’s out there. (Credit AMC STOCK REDDIT)
- April 15: A glitch on the NYSE website shows AMC’s after-hours trading running to $95. Trading price at the time was around $9.
- April 30: A glitch on Google stocks shows AMC’s price at $61. Trading price at the time was around $8.
- May 4: A glitch on the Robinhood app shows AMC’s price at $411. Trading price at the time was around $10.
- June 10: A glitch on multiple platforms shows AMC’s price as having lost over $200+ (implying the price was approx. $280). Trading price at the time was around $59.
- July 13: A glitch on Fintel shows an institution having bought 4 shares of AMC at $5,000 per share. That same institution also showed as having later sold those 4 AMC shares for a total of $41,000 (implying the price was approx. $10,250 per share). Trading price at the time was around $39.
- July 19: A glitch on multiple platforms shows AMC’s price as having lost $315+ (implying the price was approx. $350). Trading price at the time was around $35.
- August 2: A glitch on Fintel shows an institution closing 7 shares of AMC for a total of $69,000 (edit: nice), implying the price was approx. $9,857 per share. Trading price at the time was around $35.
- August 4: A glitch on Trading 212 shows users being offered 2x the price of AMC per share, but only if they liquidated their entire position.
- August 16: A glitch on Yahoo shows AMC’s price at $11,431. Trading price at the time was around $35.
- August 19: A glitch on Bloomberg shows a Brazilian AMC listing’s float at 3 billion shares (edit: adding this post here, which has a different opinion on this float situation)
- August 20: A glitch on PYTH shows AMC’s price spiking to $135 at a monthly average, with a high of $768.
- August 27: A glitch on Yahoo shows AMC’s daily volume in the billions.
- September 2: A glitch on Stocktwits shows AMC’s price at $584.32. Trading price at the time was around $44.
- September 19: A glitch on PYTH shows AMC’s price spiking to $722 on two separate occasions in after-hours trading. Trading price at the time was approx. $40.
- October 1: A glitch on Robinhood shows AMC’s price at $430. Trading price at the time was approx. $39.
- October 14: A glitch on E*Trade (I am not entirely sure what app this is!! Please tell me if you know!) shows AMC wicking up to $74. Trading price at the time was approx. $40.
- November 18: A glitch on Robinhood reported by an AMCStock user shows a partial AMC share of .000063 being sold for $158.00.
- December 29: A glitch on multiple platforms shows AMC’s short interest jumping between 40% and 4,000%. This was reported from users of E*Trade, TD Ameritrade, RBC, and others, as well as appearing on Fintel.
MOST RECENT AMC GLITCHES 2022
- April 27 2022: A glitch on Webull shows the trading volume of AMC jump from 920.4K to 863.29K back to 920.4K within tenths of seconds.
- May 4 2022 A glitch showing AMC share price fluctuation between 14.48 and 119.23 to 117.25 to $123.10 and then back down to $15.78.
AMC Apes know that eventually these “glitches” will have to be explained. It’s only a matter of time before the AMC “glitches” 2022 start compounding. What’s important is that retail investors continue to spread the word about the AMC “glitches” and share any and all suspicious stock price, trading volume or short interest data that comes up with others.
AMC has shown significant growth in not just the share price, but in the business model as a whole since CEO Adam Aron has made it his priority to keep AMC Entertainment innovative and ever expanding. Adam Aron has shown Apes and investors that he will do whatever it takes to take the popular Movie Theater chain company to the next level. The last Q1 report was yet another that keeps Apes optimistic. This is why AMC Apes are confident that these “glitches” are indicative that AMC share price should be much higher. AMC has introduced NFT’s, Cryptocurrencies, branded credit cards, AMC perfectly popcorn, Variable pricing all within the last few years. Despite the apparent AMC “glitches” Apes are confident the accurate stock price will prevail, even if it means continuing to wait.